I am happy to announce that, starting on 16 February 2020, Sunday Assembly Atlanta will provide childcare for attendees of our monthly assemblies.
Welcoming families must be a cornerstone of building community, and ensuring that both parents and children can enjoy themselves at our largest gathering is one important way to demonstrate that. We’re happy to join many other Sunday Assemblies around the world that provide this important service.
This year, SAA is committing to paying 2 childcare professionals to watch children in the downstairs preschool area of First Existentialist Congregation‘s building, where we have our assemblies. Years in the past, we provided childcare for a short time with few takers; this long-term commitment allows more time for families to learn about it, use it, give us feedback, and hopefully keep coming back! Our intention is to absolutely keep it going beyond 2020.
Children have been attending our assemblies for years, and they remain welcome at the assembly itself! This is an optional service if desired.
I’m really excited about this, as it was the most important goal of 2020, and I think we’re off to a good start. As always, we are so open to responses to how this helps or ways to improve over time.
- Both sitters will be available from 5PM – 8PM (3 hours). Our assemblies start at 5:30PM.
- The sitters come from College Nannies and Sitters which runs background checks on each of their employees and interviews them in person.
- The accepted age range is 3 months – 13 years old.
- Childcare will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. If we are at capacity (as determined by SAA and/or sitters), you may not be able to use our service.
- Children are always welcome at the assembly itself!
- Sitters will have knowledge of and respect SAA’s secular values.
- SAA is not allowed to use the preschool’s toys and materials. SAA or the sitters will provide our own.
- If there are no children to take care of by 6PM, we may allow the sitters to leave.
Ask us any questions on our Contact page. We want to give families as much assurance as needed that you are welcome!